Recently heise security reported that tracking scripts are (under certain conditions) able to read saved email addresses and passwords (full report and video). One could now panic or disable this automatism to instead fill in saved form data with two clicks “manually”.
To disable the automatism you enter
about:config in the address bar and confirm the warning to be careful.
On top of the list you search for
signon.autofillForms which has a value of
true by default. To switch that value to
false you double-click the value
true – and that’s it.
The Atom Editor is a great hackable editor. Unfortunately it uses the default setting
MRU when using
TAB to switch opened files (which is the wrong behaviour for me).
MRU (Most Resently Used) switches between the last accessed files in the very order they where used.
I don’t like that behaviour .. but as the editor is easy hackable I managed to disable/reset that setting.
Keymap... opens a file named
Appending the following few lines fixed the behaviour for me.
'ctrl-tab ^ctrl': 'unset!'
'ctrl-shift-tab ^ctrl': 'unset!'
Those lines are also easily removed once you want to test MRU again.
after setting up DPM 2012 SP1 I was only able to install the agent remotely on a server if I turned the firewall off … when the firewall was on and I tried to initiate the installation from the management console it started the installation with 1% and after a couple of minutes aborted.
I didn’t want to believe that the “solution” would be to turn the firewall off for the installation and thus searched and found that microsoft indeed suggests this ‘resolution’:
“Temporarily disable the Windows Firewall on the target computer when deploying the agent. Once the installation completes the Windows Firewall can be re-enabled.”
I was not satisfied with this “solution” and checked again what processes where running when I initiate the remote installation .. as the KB-article mentions a “dpmac.exe” I was looking for a DPM process and found it …
looking at the properties I now had the location of the current DPM agent coordinator version …
so I added an exception to the firewall to allow this programme for inbound traffic .. deployed that via GPO and now am able to install the agent with no more hassle …
of course I will have to edit the rule once the version of the dpmac.exe changes as Microsoft seems to put each version in its own directory .. but that will be the least problem …