when egofm (my favourite german radio stations) stopped supporting my mobile operating system (ios 5) with their app i looked for the direct link to their stream. i was using direct links for my other favourite radio station somafm for several years and thus created a site with direct links to the streams of both radio stations for easy access on the go using my mobile (iphone). after testing the links with other operating systems i noticed that you need an app to playback the streams on android or windows phone .. so no guarantee that it works on any other operating system out of the box …
i originally created it for my private use only. but as some friends asked for the link i thought i could as well make it public.
using the iphone the streams are played with no additional software needed.
windows phone (8 or later)
when you tap on one of the links you will be presented with a selection of apps that are supposed to be able to play those streams. install one of them and give it a try (i had issues with egofm lately .. dunno what’s wrong there).
as i don’t own an android device this is only a suggestion/wild guess as result of some google searches. there is an app named servestream which is said to support the streams.
i set up my fit-pc3 and had some trouble getting my xserver working .. here is how it went …
i was pleased to see a page in the wiki from compuLab but IMHO there are some points missing:
boot from usb flash drive
i changed the boot order in the bios (which you can enter via pressing “F2” during boot) but the screen was nothing but black. turned out that pressing “F1” randomly right after powering the machine it was booting from the usb flash drive.
linux mint 13 fails to boot
i also had to select “start in compatibility mode” to successfully boot the livecd
resolving xserver error – no screens found
after the installation finished the xserver would not start. some sites mentioned to simply update linux so i ran (after commenting “medibuntu” out in /etc/apt/sources.list)
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade
accepted any modified file to the maintainer’s version and restarted .. but nothing changed. so i follow the instructions from compuLab and installed the ati catalyst drivers using:
i never thought of writing blog posts in german but i started some projects which apply only to germany and are not computer related. thus it would not make much sense to have them posted here in english only.
in case i find the time i will translate any upcoming posts and publish them on the german blog aswell.
after setting up DPM 2012 SP1 I was only able to install the agent remotely on a server if I turned the firewall off … when the firewall was on and I tried to initiate the installation from the management console it started the installation with 1% and after a couple of minutes aborted.
I didn’t want to believe that the “solution” would be to turn the firewall off for the installation and thus searched and found that microsoft indeed suggests this ‘resolution’:
“Temporarily disable the Windows Firewall on the target computer when deploying the agent. Once the installation completes the Windows Firewall can be re-enabled.”
I was not satisfied with this “solution” and checked again what processes where running when I initiate the remote installation .. as the KB-article mentions a “dpmac.exe” I was looking for a DPM process and found it …
looking at the properties I now had the location of the current DPM agent coordinator version …
so I added an exception to the firewall to allow this programme for inbound traffic .. deployed that via GPO and now am able to install the agent with no more hassle …
of course I will have to edit the rule once the version of the dpmac.exe changes as Microsoft seems to put each version in its own directory .. but that will be the least problem …